Sunday, March 20, 2022

March Baskets! Spring is in the air and on the wall quilt!




My Midwestern upbringing has me craving for specific spring flowering branches. The kind of made by our resident artist Mother Nature that have slightly twisted branches, simple charm, and beautiful delicate blossoms...keep reading...


LOVE the buttons as flower centers!

 

 

My friend, Mariann, Carmel, Indiana, sent me pictures of her baskets and yo-yos that she is making- all scraps- don’t ya love it!  She is using vintage buttons for the flower centers.  Love it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was reminded of the baskets I started last year.  I got them out and decided I was going to add a twist from Mama N. 

I’ll post more embroidered flowers as I get them done & more from Mariann (hmmm, a completion challenge?). I used couching (stitching over embroidery floss or pearl cotton) to form the branches, and the lazy dazy stitch for the flowers.  I did an internet search for "flowering spring branches" - to see what the branches looked like, for example... how many petals in a "Forsythia" bloom - 4.   

TIP:  Best to have a large-eyed needle and/or a needle threader.  

 Click here for instructions to make these adorable Baskets & Yo-yos! There is a pattern for the quilt also, by Cindy Claycamp!

enjoy & take care,

love,

Mattie 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment