Monday, February 24, 2020

Mayo & Market Madness - HOW EASY!!!!!

I was out today - twice.  Got back home and had planned on making egg salad & challenging myself to the quickest ever Market Bag.  So, I boiled the eggs, and then realized I did not have mayo.  I was not going back out, so I wondered if you could make your own mayo!  OMG - How EASY!!!
Here is a link to the recipe I found online.
homemade-mayonnaise

Of course, like any good quilter, I had to change it a bit.  I wanted to use my "stash".  I did not have anything but a very nice olive oil from our local Olive Oil dealer - Navidi's.  The flavor I have is Meyer Lemon Fused Olive Oil.
I also did not have dried mustard, so I tried Turmeric instead.  I did use the egg - but read what the recipe author has to say about that.  I agree with her about the cookie dough.  Since my olive oil was lemon infused, I did not add the lemon.  I added the salt, too.  And, I used a Magic Bullet and stored the rest in the frig (up to 4 days).  Could not believe it - delicious!

I also did not have onion or cucumber and I like a little crunch, so I added chopped peppers.  Slightly different than what mom made (oh oh, there was a little story about me making "crunchy" egg salad when I was about 12).....that might explain that....but very good!
So, now without leaving the house, I have a delicious meal - AND MORE TIME TO SEW!  yeah!
In "real time" I'm going to sew the Market Bag now.... and then I'll post it immediately.....  ooh....I love  a challenge!
Hugs,
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment