This project requires very little fabric, and you can mix and match fabrics making it a great project for scraps or fat quarters.
Here's what you'll need: (Makes 1 mug rug)
- Quiltsmart 2.5" Watercolor interfacing- 1 scrap from a panel measuring 3 squares x 3 squares
- An assortment of squares from fabric measuring 2.5" for top
- 1 scrap of batting measuring approx. 9"x9" (this is larger than your finished top piece to give you room to work with)
- 1 scrap of backing fabric measuring approx. 9"x9"
- Optional: Quiltsmart ZigZapps! Sweat Hearts x 3 small hearts for clover
- Approx. 30" of ready made binding
- Fuse your 2.5" squares to Watercolor interfacing
- Following instructions for Watercolor interfacing, sew seams
- Press seams
- Square up your finished top square by trimming off any excess interfacing or fabric. Finished square should measure 6.5" x 6.5"
- ****If you will be adding a clover:
- Following instructions on ZigZapps! Sweet Hearts, make 3 small hearts from a contrasting fabric
- Fuse hearts to background square to make a clover shape
- Zigzag stitch around hearts using an invisible thread (optonal: use a handstitch or handstitch machine function to create an outline stitch)
- Sandwich together top square, batting and backing and quilt as desired
- Bind mug rug